Saturday, July 18, 2009

Caught from a kayak

photo by Danny V
This 6 foot sand shark was caught in the ocean from a kayak!!!!
"Dave, here are a couple of pictures of the sharks from Myrtle Beach that I got from my kayak.
I fished 5 days just in front of the Hotel and landed about 50 sharks and plenty of spanish mackerel. Most of the sharks were sand bar sharks and I landed about 15 that were in the 6 and 7 foot range. I was snagging live bunker and the sharks were all in the school of bunker. I would snag one and just let it swim free and the sharks would find the bunker in a matter of seconds.
The bigger sharks would pull me around for 15 minutes or so before getting tired of pulling me around. I was able to get the hooks out of about 90% of the sharks, but if the hook was in too deep I would just cut the leader."
Here are a couple of pictures.
Danny V
Posted by Picasa