Monday, June 7, 2010

Two fawns in Colt's Neck



I have been trying for a perfect 10 or 12 point rack, a Pope and Young record buck, no luck so far but I thought maybe if I grew one.
Check out these pictures. I found a dead doe on the outside of my fence on Saturday, looks like she ran into it and broke her neck.
All day Saturday we heard a baby bird screaming in the woods. Turned out to be a new born deer.It came right up to Margaret and could barley walk it was so malnourished. I made a nipple out of fuel line and we used a turkey baster with warm half and half and humming bird sugar water mix. It took a while, but it sucked on my finger and I shoved the fuel line in its mouth and after a while it got up and walked around. We called animal control an then we drove to the animal hospital in Red Bank and somebody that has a farm comes to take care of them. We got back to the house and went back to gardening and we heard the same sound again! Sure enough, I walked in and grabbed the second one. Another trip back to red bank,
so how was your weekend.
Sent from my iPhone