Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A NIGHT IN THE CREEK



Bob, Ray and I hit the creek for the last time while Bob and Nancy are here visiting.  Bob and Ray caught their limit of snapper while I caught a garbage can of sheepshead, lady fish, lizard fish, and pinfish.
I also managed to catch this 17 pound tarpon. It was caught on a Hank Brown white jig that was supposed to be tipped with a half shrimp because we were running low on shrimp, but when I put my hand in the bait bucket and came up with a 6 inch shrimp I had to put it on the jig.  It was in the water for exactly 1 second when the tarpon hit it.
Bob and Nancy and Ray and Judy headed out to Flamingo early this morning. They plan to fish the Snake Bight Channel for snook and redfish.  They will be sending me reports throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment