Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GROUPER TIME



My FISH TIME PRO app said the fish will be biting today between noon and 2 pm, so the Keyswoomon and I went back country to see if the bite was on.  It was.  The top and middle picture is a 22 1/4 inch red grouper that I caught on the first cast.  Red grouper have to be 22 inches in Monroe County and 20 inches in the Gulf.  The bottom picture is of a gag grouper that was 23 1/2 inches, a half inch too short.
We left that area and went searching for some new spots and I finally found an island with a moat around it and was able to get the boat right up to it.  I know this island moat will produce in the future.
Sometimes I use very big pin fish for bait if that is what I have, and I am always asked if they are too big to catch a grouper?  Well, take a look at that mouth in the second picture.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa....... Now datta is a fish. He's a gotta una bigga mouth. In a Sicily, dat's a what our wives looka like before we shutta dem up! Gooda catch Pisani.

    ReplyDelete