Monday, November 5, 2012

26 INCH GAG

I went out looking for some Grouper today by myself, Pat was busy sewing.
I had two lines in the water with big Pin Fish as bait.  I didn't get a bite for over an hour and then I finally got an 18 inch Gag that I released.  Then I had a tremendous hit.  I could not even get the rod out of the rod holder.  The fish must have wrapped itself around some structure and finally the line snapped.
Two minutes later I had another rod bender and it got wrapped around something in the same area, but I started circling the area with the electric motor trying to get untangled.  I had the fish on for at least a half-hour.  I could not give up because I left my tackle box on the dock so I didn't even have a knife with me to cut the line.  I tried to snap the line but it would not break. After a while I opened the bail and put the rod in the rod holder.  I picked it up about 5 minutes later and the fish was loose.  It was a 26 inch Gag Grouper.

I have a lot of Pin Fish if anyone needs any.  Last week Captain Carlos put a Pin Fish trap off my dock but when he pulled it up before he went fishing it was empty.  When he came back from fishing he pulled it up and I had to run downstairs to help him pull it up because it was so heavy.  You could not have fit another fish in the trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment